As Summer draws to a close and the kids are back to school it is time to take a quick round up to see what the key fashion trends are for this Autumn 2022. For many of us Autum is the start of the Fashion year so I have narrowed this down to 5 key Fashion Trends. Remember trends are not set in stone, just a guide so have a play around, rummage through your wardrobe and see if an old favourite item needs another lease of life. Have fun and see what works best for you.
1. What are the Key Fashion Trends for Autumn 2022
Jackets Blazers Puffa coats Shackets and waistcoats are back and longer in length. Wide leg high waist straight trousers which fininsh at ankle length are still strong.
Dresses remain long but have lost the flouncy boho look for something a little more sophisticated and flattering – hurrah for Mesh Dresses which stretch and flatter any figure. Knitted shirt dresses and short cordory dresses are an Autumn favourite, particularly for the everyday and look great styled with thick tights and boots.
Neutral coloured chunky knit cardigans, coats and jackets are still the core of every design and work well with the strong colours coming through.
Statement Jewllery such as T bar oversized thick chains and chunky rings is also a must to complete the look and we have fallen in love with Sense Jewllery from Cophenhagan.
2. What Colours are Trending for Autumn 2022
The standout Fashion Trends is vibrancy and brightness of Blues, Corals, Pinks really made me think these designers are trying their best to lift us out of the Covid years and into the Bright Shiny New Collections.
- Hot Pink there is no escaping this trend you will see Hot Pink Coats and Jackets everywhere
- Camel – Anyone who loves style will know Camel is a timeless Classic. This Autumn sees a return of Camel and it can be mixed with the other hot trend colour which is Hot Pink.
- Coral is such a warm and cosy colour and works wonderfully with the Camels, Denim, Blues, Greys Navy, Black
- Bright Blue which is bold and exciting PartTwo have led the way with a stunning long cardigan in royal blue and InWear have a stunning satin shirt in vibrant blue.
3. What Prints are the Fashion Trends for Autumn 2022
Animal print always makes an appearance every Autumn and there are always devoted followers of the Oui Fashion always loves the animal print – if you are not convinced it is for you then pick out an animal print belt to add a nod to the trend, shoes or bags are also a good bet. Stemming from 1970s psychedelia, paisley prints, herringbone, checks and stripes which continue to be a strong fashion trend find a new home in our Autumn 2022 Wardrobe with new updated youthful appeal.
4. What Footwear Fashion Trends are in for Autum 2022
Comfortable, Chunky and Nude Footwear Ankle High Tops Trainers and boots. Trainers or Sneakers continue to be a solid fashion choice going into this autumn and the simplier the better. Ditch all the bling for an all white or simlier design in a retro style is particularly taking off right now. As the trouser length is still cropped to ankle or calf, shop Ankle Boots, High Tops and Biker Boots to complete the look.
Autumn Fashion Shoe is still trending a chunky sole, especially the Chelsea boot style which is really popular; .you can wear these boots with anything definitely with dresses and jeans and you will also see oversized buckles as well as nude boots.
5. What is the Key Material Trends for Autumn 2022
Glam, Glitz, Sexy and Lush you are going to love mixing up your sequins, velvets, leather and corduroy. The emphasis and the Fashion Trend I have seen is Sequins. My personal love is PartTwo sequin trousers – cannot wait for them to come in.